How did Flappy Bird became famous?

You all must have already heard about the popular game called Flappy Bird which was available for only iOS and Android until recently, it's been released for PC as well due to it's commercial success.

If you haven't played this game yet. I'll describe the game to you in few simple words. TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP PING TAP ...*PING*...*PUNCH*.....TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP..and this goes on.




If you're still interested about this game and haven't played it yet, visit Google Playstore to download Flappy Bird for Android or Click Here to play this game online.
Warning: Play this game at your own risk. We take no responsibility for you breaking your phone or going crazy. (likely to happen.)

I first heard about this game on Youtube where they claimed the game to be hard. So I thought, Challenge Accepted and decided to give the game a go myself. Judging by videos the game looked easy but when I played it, I hardly got to 5 score before dying over 50 times. Normally this is when I would delete the game or break my CD, but No, this time I didn't do that. I just kept on playing.

The game is poorly scripted, each pipe you cross makes a sound off Mario snatching a coin and there are no secondary controls, you just have to tap.

In the meantime my high score is 21 while most of my friends who started before me, got a high score over 30. I saw one guy upload a photo with a score of 121. I don't blame him for having a sad life. I couldn't stop playing either until I reached a high score of 20 (over 300 deaths) but at least I knew I crossed the limit.



Flappy Birds have a 18 million playerbase in which over 500k have gained the maximum score of 9,999. 1000 taps or less, worth 2 hours of time which you'll never get back. So after finding out about this fact, I wondered " How the hell did this game become famous? " and add to the fact, they're making $50,000 per day for almost doing nothing. I mean seriously, everyone who has knowledge in scripting would be able to make a game like this, even a 10 year old.

So this brings us to the point..How did this game became so Viral?


  1. The game is short, the first few times you'll start playing you will die in less than 20 seconds or maybe less. It'll take you a hour of practice to survive more than a minute.
  2. Bragging about your high score to your friends. When In reality no one actually cares. You're just helping the game become more famous.
  3. There is no ending. The max score is 9999 which a few people have managed to get (I hope hacking..for their sake.) unless they got it by themselves. Salute to their life!
  4. Social networks. The game is trending worldwide on the internet. There are vines, reaction videos, reviews almost EVERYWHERE.



Previous
Next Post »